Re: Speech recognition software

  • Subject: Re: Speech recognition software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:37:47 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
__/ [ Nick Kew ] on Wednesday 26 July 2006 20:56 \__

> Ed Coombs wrote:
>
>> In january 2005 I downloaded ibmjs000328lnx.zip, likely from here:
>>
>>   http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/ibm/library/i-voice/index.html
>>
>> Only a windows sdk seems to be listed now. The development system
>> requires IBM Java, and Swing. Because of this, and lack of time I have
>> not unzipped any files.
>
> Hehe.  They have a "download" link that doesn't work, too.  Actually
> viavoice is the primary candidate for a closed-source commercial
> package now that I have the macbook to run it on.
>
> Anyway, I've installed CMU sphinx (thanks to someone here for the
> suggestion), but have yet to find time to get to grips with it.

Nick,

The following was released last week and made many headlines.

Wizzard Software Releases WizzScribe SI For Linux

Revolutionizes Server-Based Speech Recognition By Eliminating Training

                http://linux.sys-con.com/read/249714.htm

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Rid your machine from malware. Install GNU/Linux.
roy      pts/9                         Fri Jul 28 13:28 - 13:28  (00:00)