Re: [News] Attempt at Open Source .NET Project Fails

On 2006-07-27, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:20:55 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Creator and maintainer throws in the towel.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/zycj3
>>
>> The twist: I read somewhere else that Microsoft is responsible for this. As
>> usual, it burns all bridges it once stepped upon.
>
> As usual, you twist and distort the truth.  Here's the real reason, from
> the link you provided:
>
> --------------------------------
>
> As some of you are aware, there are some in the community who believe that
> a .Net 2.0 compatible release was theirs by-right and that I should be
> moving faster ¡V despite the fact that I am but one man working in his spare
> time...
>
> This came to head in the last week; I have been subjected to an automated
> mail-bomb attack on both my public mail addresses and the ndoc2 mailing
> list address. These mails have been extremely offensive and resulted in my
> ISP temporarily suspending my account because of the traffic volume. This
> incident has been reported to the local authorities, although I am highly
> doubtful they will be able to do anything about it.
>
> This has was the ¡¥last-straw¡¦ and has convinced me that I should withdraw
> from the community; I¡¦m not prepared to have myself and my family
> threatened by some lunatic!

Where does he say M$ is /not/ responsible for any of it? Not saying it
/is/ doing anything. But what you show doesn't prove or suggest it
isn't.

Do you:

a) have proof M$ wasn't involved in it?

b) have evidence that Roy did *not* read elsewhere (as he stated) that
   M$ was involved?

Or is this just some more of your distorting and twisting (some would
say "shilling" or "weaseling") of the truth?

Oh, and you "conveniently" left out the part just before that, where he
mentions that he believes M$ was responisble for *some* problems. He
just didn't implicate them in this particular one.

Maybe because he was afraid of even more problems. Maybe not.

--
Windows: When you haven't been abused enough by the IRS.