Re: Exploits Emerge for Recently-Plugged Critical Windows Vulnerabilities

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Wednesday 26 July 2006 23:51 \__

>> This reminds me of my attempt to convert a friend to Firefox
>> some time ago. I left him there working happily with Firefox
>> (Brushed  themed)  and later he returned and said that  some
>> CNN  feature did not work. "It's better to have half a  loaf
>> then  no loaf at all", he told me and then returned to using
>> Internet  Explorer. Microsoft plays a dangerous games as  it
>> patronises  Web  standards  and spreads  its  own  'cancer',
>> deliberately.
>
>     As a compromise, your friend might appreciate the "IETabs" Firefox
> extension. If a certain page doesn't render correctly in FF, just right
> click on the page and choose "View in IETabs", and a new tab will be
> created, using the IE rendering engine. Of course, this means any bugs or
> security flaws will be enabled as well.
>
>     Probably better than running IE all the time by default, though.
>
>     - Oliver

It's  difficult to have people adopt something they have not
yet   grasped  (especially  understanding  of  a   feature's
merit/s). The same argument applied to people who migrate to
Linux  and  take a long time to make use of virtual  desktop
(workspaces).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymous posters are more frequently disregarded
Tasks: 131 total,   1 running, 128 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie