Re: [News] Internet Explorer 7 - Security Revisions Before Release

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Wednesday 26 July 2006 20:10 \__

 ,----[ Quote ]
| IE 7 will be the first major update to Microsoft's ubiquitous Web browser
| in five years. Security was the No. 1 investment for the update, Microsoft
| has said. Critics have likened predecessor IE 6 to "Swiss cheese" because
| of the many security vulnerabilities in it.
`----

It is unfortunate and sad that about half of all businesses in the States
still run versions of Windows that are older than XP. This means that they
will continue to browse with "Swiss cheese" or upgrade to
Opera/Firefox/Mozilla (IE7 requires XP or older). And MSIE-only sites are
merely a legacy.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Othello for Win32/Linux: http://othellomaster.com
Mem:    514480k total,   430664k used,    83816k free,     8636k buffers