[News] Windows in Medicare?

Microsoft Acquires Medical Records System

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Acquires Medical Records System From DC Hospital, Plans to Sell
| It Worldwide
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060726/microsoft_health_care.html?.v=1

Another bite of death? I suspect they compete with Google on this. However,
this is quite unnerving. Back in the Windows 95 days, as teenagers, we used
to joke about 'nuking' (TCP/IP BSoD flaw) patients that were connected to
Windows. The Formula 1 deals, as well as Microsoft on the plane, is no
laughing matter. People's lives depend on security. Take, for example, this
story:

,----[ Quote ]
| Zombies attack Seattle hospital
|
| Published Friday 5th May 2006 13:58 GMT
|
| A California hacker has pleaded guilty to disrupting computer systems
| - including the network of a hospital - through a malware-fueled
| attack designed to install adware on infected PCs.
`----

        http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/05/hospital_zombie_attack/

It's just one among many.