Re: E.U. calls for censorship....

  • Subject: Re: E.U. calls for censorship....
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:09:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ B Gruff ] on Wednesday 26 July 2006 00:18 \__

> On Tuesday 25 July 2006 23:10 Mark Kent wrote:
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> Well, not quite - it's calling for a Code of Conduct:-
>>>
>>> "The European Parliament has called on the European Commission to
>>> establish a code of conduct governing the online censorship of
>>> dissidents. It wants companies such as Google and Telecom Italia to
>>> pledge not to help governments censor their citizens"
>>>
>>> "The Parliament has adopted a text denouncing the governments of China,
>>> North Korea and Saudi Arabia for persecuting political opponents for
>>> views expressed online. It also name-checks Google, Yahoo! and Microsoft
>>> as companies that help those governments censor their citizens"
>>>
>>> I tell you, those cheese-eating Europeans are a load of commies.
>>> Notice how they single out good, god-fearing American companies?
>>>
>>> Watch it, you yanks - next thing you know, the E.U. will be proposing
>>> that you lot add a First Amendment to your constitooshun:-(
>>>
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/25/ep_censorship_plea/
>>>

>> I demand the right to bear opinions, and to shoot them at other people
>> :-)
>
> That's exactly what I said, isn't it?  It's going to be part of the EULA -
> the European Union Licensing Agreement!
> That's *exactly* what these commies are trying to force on you - the right
> to have an opinion!  Stop it now!  Get on to Homeland Security or whatever
> it's called about it - it's unconstooshunal!

Maybe  it's  a good thing after all (sarcasm).  The  commies
will  be exposed to no democracy, the West will get  exposed
to  no  communism (MSN search will remove 'linux'  from  its
SERP's)  and  everyone will live in bliss that is  owing  to
ignorance.

My  dad  once argued that the world is shaken up due to  the
advancement  and  abundance  of communication,  which  makes
people in poorer countries feel bitter and betrayed.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useful fact: close elevator button = Express Mode
  9:05am  up 5 days 21:20,  9 users,  load average: 0.69, 0.54, 0.48