Re: [News] Who 0wnz Your Computer?

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Monday 24 July 2006 17:13 \__

> "BearItAll" <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> I have to say I find it hard to believe that any vendor would actually put
>> that much junk onto a new PC, as he shows in the picture on your first
>> link, it wouldn't pass without a mention in the computer press or online.
>> So I just can't bring myself to believe him.
>
>     The image is from a Wikipedia article about malware; not the author's
> actual desktop upon first bootup (which AFAIK is never shown anywhere in
> the article).
>
>     - Oliver

These Australian guys have just been contacted by Dell.

http://www.apcstart.com/site/dwarne/2006/07/795/dell-responds-to-bloat-claims

And in reference to my second link, the guy was seriously accused by Dell in
the past. I could find that link, but it's old(er)...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Billigator: eats your filesystem alive
         run-level 5  Jul 20 12:15                   last=S