Re: Bizarro World?

  • Subject: Re: Bizarro World?
  • From: flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 16:59:12 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 20:16:33 +0000, Tim Smith wrote:

> In article <pan.2006.07.23.19.39.00.96316@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, arachnid
> wrote:
>> Does this wiki have flatfish down to a "T", or what?
>
> Does it matter?  Flatfish has posted a lot of positive information about
> PCLinuxOS.  Some people who would not have otherwise tried Linux will be
> trying it now, because of Flatfish.

PCLinuxOS is a great system.
Rapskat actually turned me on to it.

I've gotten a fair amount of offline mail thanking me for my comments
concerning that distribution.
It appears there are a lot of lurkers, or googlers that value my opinions
regarding various Linux distributions.
FWIW Suse has always been my fav, but they kinda blew it with 10.1 IMHO.

> That's more for Linux than Mark Kent, Sinister Midget, Peter Kohlman, or
> Roy Culley, to name just a few, have done for Linux in quite a while, if
> ever.

Mostly gasbags, but hysterical to watch.
SM can be quite funny at times.
Kohlmann, well, Kohlmann is Kohlmann. What less can be said?
Now that Culley is going through some difficult times, I will back off.
I sincerely hope all goes well for him.
Kent? Totally boring, but not as dull as William Poaster. A yes man for
Roy S.