Re: Bizarro World?

  • Subject: Re: Bizarro World?
  • From: B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 12:01:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sunday 23 July 2006 03:19 Tim Smith wrote:

> A few days ago, someone posted, basically, that PCLinuxOS sucked.
>
> They were rebutted--by Flatfish.
>
> The self-proclaimed Linux advocates were all too busy bitching about
> Microsoft to actually take time out to talk about Linux.
>
> This is not new.  Flatfish posts more pro-Linux posts than many of the
> regular "advocates".
>
> Are we in the Bizarro World now, or what?

ROFL!

Here we go again - The Great Flatfish Foul-up.

Sure flatfish wrote a load of pro-linux posts - flatfish often does - the
flatfish mood swings seem cyclic, but I've no figures for the periodicity.
For all I know, it could be lunar or menstrual.

- but then flatfish posted as "Les walton" - a list of perceived problems
with linux.
He got what such posts often get here.  Many of the regulars stayed out of
it, presumably recognising it for a troll posting, and/or flatfish.
Nevertheless, including his own, flatfish got 50 or so responses.

- that thread was slipping into oblivion - way, way down the list, thanks to
largely to Roy's postings.  So he had to start a new thread - as "compton"
this time.
I think that most people recognised that one for flatfish straight from the
start - responses were a series of piss-takes.
What surprised me was to see flatfish getting increasingly flustered.  So
much so that I actually stayed up later than I intended, convinced he'd do
another nym-shift - he'd lost control of that thread.  People weren't
arguing - just taking the piss out of him - *and* having fun, I suspect.

- sure enough, he *did* nym-shift - right on the button - but back to
*flatfish* !
Laugh?  I creased up!

"Les walton" => "compton" => flatfish
- but all in one evening!
He's losing it.
He's getting impatient - partly due to Roy's postings
He's floundering!
In fact, as a troll here, he's a has-been!

Why does he do it?
It's clearly attention-seeking.  He's obsessed by the number of replies he
gets.  That runs through so many of his (nym-shifted) threads.
Immortality on google?  Maybe.

One things for sure - he's a pretty sick person, and suffers from severe
mood swings.  In a Real World situation, I dare say most here would feel
sorry for him, and even try to help.  On the 'net, I don't think you *can*
help somebody like flatfish.  Ah well..... just so long as nobody is daft
enough to take him seriously, eh?:-)