Re: [News] On the Closing of Apple's Mac OS

__/ [ Linonut ] on Thursday 01 June 2006 12:41 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>
>> ...By turning their back to Open Source, as well as preventing people from
>> spreading Mac OS X. Some others have been speculating that the move to
>> Intel processors had a hidden agenda: encouraging people to spread the
>> O/S. This 'turn blind eye to piracy' approach could have given them the
>> same exposure Microsoft saw in the 80's and 90's. Instead, Apple chose the
>> death knell. Jobs even declined and dismissed Dell's request for OS X!!
>> Given the State of Windows Vista and the emergence of Boot Camp, Jobs was
>> not sober. He could have it all, but was unwilling to forsake his toys
>> (expensive hardware).
>
> Jobs has always been an arrogant asshole.

I don't know him well enough to comment. Historically, I know nada about him.
He looked quite bad in this GIMP (intended use of the word) job, which I saw
5 days ago:

        http://dvorak.org/blog/newimages/jobs-mad.jpg

How 'bout this one?

        http://dvorak.org/blog/images/gatessmile.jpg

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Disclaimer: no SCO code used to generate this post
  4:55pm  up 34 days 23:27,  9 users,  load average: 0.53, 0.60, 0.67