Re: Nice chart on usability and overall quality

> __/ [ Ted Landry ] on Friday 02 June 2006 07:11 \__
>
>> kinda cool to see a reasonable chart of all oses over the years and how
>> they rank on overall usability and overall quality. seems highly
>> accurate.
>>
>> <http://www.computerworld.com/html/collateral/msvistatour/02introchart.ht
>> ml>
>
> I saw that earlier today, but there is no mention of which Linux distribution
> was used in the study. Linux is versatile and merely any combination of
> GNU/Linux components could be used, even to support a certain hypothesis.
> Ubuntu (or some others) would have topped the chart if you ask me.

Exactly.

When you see a reviewer refer simply to "Linux" without qualifying the
distro or the window manager (or whatever subsystem is at issue in the
review), you know the review will be bullshit.  Even if the review is
right for the setup he/she chose, the review is wrong for not revealing
that setup, yet applying it in whole cloth to "Linux".

Ted, wake up and smell the Coffee <get it?  get it?>

--
   /\ STOP! This post has not passed Microsoft Logo testing to verify its
  /  \      compatibility with Microsoft FUD.  Microsoft strongly recommends