Re: [News] Lower Saxony Moves 12,000 Computers to Linux

__/ [ Tim Smith ] on Friday 02 June 2006 16:29 \__

> In article <1477691.zbVuVWEKYC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Always remember:
>>
>> "Business X, which we previously reported was moving to Linux, completes
>> migration successfully" does not make a good headline in a newspaper or
>> even a Web site. Who gives a fsck? Sure. They migrated, it works. Done
>> deal. No press release is needed.
>
> Why was a press release needed when they said that they were going to
> migrate?

This *determines* the *change*. Speaking of this again, I ought to have
stressed that you will *only* hear about Company X yet again if things have
been *reversed*, i.e. the migration is conceded.

To exemplify, today in bizzaro-CNN.com

Headlines:

        * Novell announces that CEO to stay in chair for at least 6 months

        * Microsoft confident about its Windows operating system

        * Husband beats wife in mid-western state

        * Cure for AIDS not found yet

I hope this makes the point more self-evident.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymous posters are more frequently disregarded
  4:30pm  up 35 days 23:02,  10 users,  load average: 2.12, 2.75, 2.54