Re: Microsoft Employees Choose Google

__/ [ davidof ] on Friday 02 June 2006 23:42 \__

> NoNamer wrote:
>
>> Actually, I would believe it.
>>
>> Microsoft employees use live.com for searches.
>
> 66.7% don't it would seem. I guess Microsoft employees use what get them
> the best results.

Actually, this has been known for over a year, but I can't recall where it
was published initially. Many of them use Mozilla Firefox as well.

This is among the more recent and far less reliable 'studies':

http://www.metamend.com/blog/?p=211

Engine  66.67%
Google  66.67%
Google  Local 24.47%
Yahoo!  3.80%
Yahoo!  Local1.69%
MSN     1.27%

The ones that go back last year spoke of one third for MSN or maybe 10%. I
can't remember at the moment, but it was embarrassing enough to that
company.

> Live.com does seem to give much better results than msnsearch which has
> gotten really bad of late. The results are almost Googlesque in what it
> seems to be weighting. If Microsoft employees arn't using it it is maybe
> down to intertia?

I beg to differ. The search results in MSN/Live.com are even worse than these
which you find in Yahoo. And it's slow, not to mention lacking function.