Re: [News] George Ou Against Microsoft's IIS, GoDaddy

Linonut wrote:

> Except, Roy, he's not criticizing Microsoft.  He in fact updates his
> blog to indicate that the flaw was not due to MS.

His blog doesn't say that.   It says that Go Daddy stonewalled him when he
tried to get information and /claimed/ that MS wasn't responsible:

"[Update: Microsoft officially responded that the SSMF hack is not a
Microsoft flaw] [This was in bold in the article. - jb]

A few hours later I was called back and told that the quotation could not be
confirmed and that "no customer home pages were compromised".  I asked
GoDaddy's representative about the style and wording of the quote and if it
was consistent with GoDaddy support but was told that "anyone can type
something to look like a GoDaddy email".  When I asked if they could
confirm the massive hacking incident again, I was told that "no customer
homepages were compromised and no files were added".  But since that
doesn't really answer my question if anything was hacked, I asked the
question about 10 more times in different variations but got the same
irrelevant answer over and over again.  By that point it seemed like I was
getting no where so I sent an email to this GoDaddy public relations person
and asked if any files such as the specific URLs in the massive defacement
list were modified by hacker iSKORPiTX.  So far I haven't gotten a response
to the email yet.

Here is a link to a mirrored archive of a hacked page which is a snapshot in
time of what the hack actually looked like since the defaced page has been
removed by now.  Zone-H.org keeps a mirror archive of all the defacements
as a permanent record.  Roberto Preatoni who is founder of Zone-H told me
that he personally remembers the massive defacement stayed up for over 2
days."

--
Texeme Textcasting powers
http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com