Re: What controls where web windows open?

__/ [ Timothy Murphy ] on Saturday 03 June 2006 15:23 \__

> I have two computers.
>
> On one, when I click on an URL in kmail,
> the web window opens on an another desktop
> (which I find convenient,
> as it allows me to click on several URLs,
> and then go to the appropriate desktop to see them
> as tabbed items in firefox).
>
> On the other computer,
> when I click on an URL
> the web window opens in the current desktop,
> over-laying the kmail I am reading.
>
> Does anyone know where this setting is made?
>
> Both computers are running Fedora-4
> with the same (latest stable) version of kmail.

Context menu (top left usually) -> Advanced -> Special Window settings....

Change desktop in the4th tab from the left (KDE 3.4). KDE is like a toolbox!
*grin*

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
 11:05am  up 37 days 16:38,  11 users,  load average: 2.15, 2.34, 2.12