Re: [News] Ballmer Lies About Linux (FUD Interview)

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Monday 05 June 2006 11:27 \__

http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/dailyarchives.jhtml?articleId=188701423

http://www.PAGERANK-CONDOMmicrosoft.com/presspass/exec/steve/2003/10-21gartner.mspx

> So he compared something from 2003 with something from 1998. I wonder how
> he would have gone on comparing RedHat 6 with Win98/Win98SE.....

There were surveys using totoal income as the measure for success in the
survey market. Windows servers only account for one third of those being
delivered _at present_ (ignorance, brochures and kickbacks probably lead to
overly inflated figures). With UNIX and even Sun pretty much dying, guess
what account for most of the rest? With a double-digit growth for about 14
consecutive quarters...

Ballmer is in denial. Microsoft employees want him out, or at least demoted
to CTO (Chair Throwing Officer).

Roy

PS - "OK" has just undergone a COLA destruction derby. Please ignore.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
 11:55am  up 38 days 17:28,  11 users,  load average: 2.04, 2.34, 2.16