Re: IE7? Hmm.

On 2006-06-04, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 18:32:01 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Here is an example of an opinion on IE7:
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| My advice (Paul Thurrott) is simple: Boycott IE. It's a cancer on the
>>| Web that must be stopped. IE isn't secure and isn't
>
> Stop being so dishonest, Roy.  That review was from beta 1, and he has
> recanted his position.  Later reviews from him are very positive.
>
> http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/ie7_beta2_02.asp
>
> "From my testing of the product this year, it's clear they've done a decent
> job. IE 7.0 isn't perfect, but it's pretty darn good, and will likely be
> enough to keep most IE users firmly in the Microsoft camp."

I don't seem him retracting his call to stop using it.

He opened (near the beginning, anyway) with this:

   .....This version isn't hugely different from the previous two
   pre-release versions, but the product has been fine-tuned quite a
   bit and is now quite close to the final version we'll see later.....

If it isn't hugely different, and if he said previously stop using it,
and if he doesn't recant his previous advice to dump it, you must be
reading what I saw in your alternate world again. I don't see anything
that backs your claim that Roy is being dishonest.

Unlike you, where I can't recall any time you were honest. There may
be, but you'd have to provide posts where it happened because I can't
find any in my recollection.

What I see your "proof" saying is that a lot of people will be swayed
to use it. I agree with that assessment, fools that many people are.

> Not that I expect you to stop using the outdated review, since the real
> story doesn't support your agenda.

Nice try, FUD-boi. But no cigar. You can't even get support from your
supposed support.

--
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
  -- Thomas Paine