Re: [News] IBM Donates AJAX to Open Source Community

begin  oe_protect.scr
> IBM Contributes AJAX Software Development Technology to Open Source Community
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| IBM has announced plans to contribute key intellectual assets to the
>| open source community, in an effort to help companies and software
>| developers adopt and share best practices for Ajax software development.
> `----
>
>                         http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/231427.htm
>
> Previously it was Oracle and Google (among others) that did this...

IBM have donated quite a bit of code already.  This is one of the things
which started the whole SCO thing, with IBM being the target.  There was
speculation that it was to get IBM to buy SCO, but as so much of it was
funded by Microsoft (via a holding company, afairc?), it seems unlikely
that they'd want to do that.  I think it was really a huge FUD attempt,
which I have to say, had some success.  I did get into some fairly hefty
debates at work about this, mainly with people of limited free software
/and/ limited copyright comprehension.

There is brutality and there is honesty.  There is no such thing as brutal
honesty.