Re: [News] BBC Open Source Documentary Available Online

__/ [ Mathew P. ] on Wednesday 07 June 2006 07:55 \__

> On 2006-06-06, Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
>> The Codebreakers ? A BBC World Documentary on FOSS and Development
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| A two-part documentary, The Codebreakers was aired on BBC World TV during
>>| May 2006. It investigates how poor countries are using FOSS applications
>>| for development, and includes stories and interviews from around the
>>| world. A 40-minute version of The Codebreakers is now available for free
>>| download online.
>> `----
>>
>> Free download as in "free beer", but not Free (as in Elephant Dream).
>>
>>                         http://www.apdip.net/news/fossdoc
>
> You dream about elephants Roy? That's somewhat odd, don't you think?

I don't dream of elephants, but oddly enough, last night I dreamt that I lost
control of the wheel whilst driving. It wasn't a pleasant dream, so when the
alarm woke me up I snoozed for another hour.

> :-)

I realised there was a typo. Should have been "Elephants" (plural). When I
type quickly, if I ever proofread, I then notice the tendency to drop the
'S' in pluralised words or inflections. I don't know why this happens, but I
suspect you have seen this before.

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 06 June 2006 19:09 \__

> Heeeyyyy .... excellent!

I'm glad that my otherwise silent-to-be posts get some encouragement. *smile*

__/ [ Fintan Gaughan ] on Tuesday 06 June 2006 22:51 \__

> Does it have subtitles for the hard of hearing?

I haven't watched it, but I suspect not. The BBC, however, is subtitling most
programs through Teletext, so fetching the subtitles may be possible,
potentially through their Web site. I have a deaf friend, so I happen to
know this.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    United States: #1 in spam export
  8:15am  up 40 days 13:48,  12 users,  load average: 0.88, 0.89, 0.99