Re: Can promoting affiliates with similar themes ro your site backfire?

__/ [ Borek ] on Wednesday 07 June 2006 11:17 \__

> On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 11:13:42 +0200, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> closed system that preserves its total energy. Sadly for many search
>> engines, they used to inject energy for links (what the OP suspects is
>> still
>> the case), which gifted a farm link spammer with energy out of nowhere
>> (no
>> point of origin), even with organic, automagically-generated content.
>
> 200k generated pages indexed in Google, all pointing to the main page,
> didn't improve PR of the main page. Tested :)

Yes, I know, but it sounds as though you were crossing a certain line there.
Many of my pages (never 200k and surely nowhere close after the recent
Google blunder) point back to primary pages. The PageRank of the front page
is *not* the highest in the site. "/" PageRank is often a poor indication of
traffic also owing to size.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
 11:30am  up 40 days 17:03,  11 users,  load average: 0.81, 1.02, 1.77