Re: Reported (was Re: 8500+ Instant Incoming Links + $10/Month for Life for Each Referral)

> __/ [ John Bokma ] on Wednesday 07 June 2006 16:43 \__

[..]

>> You can probably also kill thread if the first post is spam.
>
> Ah, I didn't realise that. Makes perfect sense.

Yup, works great with spam and trolls :-D.

> In KNode I can use an
> accelerator that bans poster for 30 days by default. Nothing about
> scanning body, fields, and header which I have yet explored in depth
> (apart from 'subject line contains' or regex)... too many widgets to
> jerk... *smile*

Yup, and not all Usenet clients support the same stuff. Also, for some
fields a more complicated server request is needed, so it's handy to know
something about the news protocol as well.

--
John                  Freelance Perl programmer: http://castleamber.com/

Creating a customized Command Prompt shortcut:
               http://johnbokma.com/windows/command-prompt-shortcut.html