Re: [News] Unisys and Linux Continue a New Loveaffair

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:53:21 +0100, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Think they'll open up the GIF format? Nah, they're just blowing smoke
>> up everyone's xxx with all the open source talk.
>

> The world is already moving to PNG. Now, if only bloody Windows (and Internet
> Explorer) supported it properly, like the rest of the world...

Oh, I fully realize that GIF has become pretty much irrelevant. It's
just that it would have been a good start for Unisys to show that
they actually meant what they said.

Instead, they are planning to exploit (in the worst sense of the
word) open source software and the open source community if they
can.