Re: How to Customise SuSE to Become the Perfect Operating System

__/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Saturday 10 June 2006 01:12 \__

> Rex Ballard wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> > Making SUSE Linux 10.1 the perfect desktop OS
>> >
>> > http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/17367.html
>> > http://desktoplinux.com/articles/AT7527984757.html
>>
>> This is a good article, it gets past the typical issues people have
>> with the "Free" download versions".
>>
>> Personally, I'd rather just purchase the full commercial version of
>> SUSE 10.1 from Novell.
>> Since they tend to provide most of the features listed.

Have a look at the following, which represent a trend. There may better free
options that are available world-wide (preloaded/enhanced SuSE Linux)

SUSE Linux 10.1 - German EasyLinux Version Better than Retail Boxed

The German magazine EasyLinux (July-Aug. 2006) includes a two-DVDs
special edition of SuSE Linux 10.1.

http://linux.wordpress.com/2006/05/19/suse-linux-101-german-easylinux-version-better-than-retail-boxed/

>> Still, there are some nice enhancements.
>>
>> Thanks for the post.

You're welcome, Rex.

> I'm not saying that the article isn't well written or that people who
> recently installed SuSE wouldn't find it useful. But is this considered
> "NEWS?"

*plonk*

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  3:50am  up 43 days  9:23,  10 users,  load average: 0.59, 1.01, 1.40