Re: Squash the Weather Bug!

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Friday 09 June 2006 18:00 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Fri, 09 Jun 2006 08:36:53 +0100
> <19501484.bI63MMrszI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> __/ [ rapskat ] on Friday 09 June 2006 08:27 \__
>>
>>> The Liquid weather SuperKaramba theme makes The Weather Bug look
>>> like...well...a BUG!
>>>
>>> The latest version includes such niftyness like simple location lookups,
>>> very nice graphics and effects, satellite photo retrieval, webcam
>>> retrieval, 5 day forecasts, current condition summaries, and much more.
>>>
>>> Best of all, it's free, open source, easily configurable and modified,
>>> and small, unlike TWB. No annoying popups, sounds or undesirable
>>> ancillary software installed either.
>>>
>>> Sorry, windows users, Linux only :-(
>>
>> Not necessarily. Windows users can install KDE [1]. I don't know, hoeever,
>> if transparency will be handled gracefully by Windows XP (and its
>> predecessors).
>
> Judging from IE's mishandling of PNG...I have my doubts. :-)

Vista should be able to handle it though. They re-wrote the PNG modules. It's
CSS that remains a major concern in Internet Explorer 7. It is still not
standards-compliant. Not enough time for development, so the release is
half-baked. The biggest sufferers aare Web designers and developers.