Re: Loosing Cached Pages from Google

__/ [ bedwani@xxxxxxxxx ] on Friday 09 June 2006 20:34 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ smart ] on Friday 09 June 2006 04:29 \__

>> > If you try to type a certain url of your site  (not returned by the
>> > site: operator) you will find that it is in google index and
>> > cached!!!!!
>>
>> In most cases (if not all) I found that pages really did get dropped out
>> of the index. If you enter an exact URL, I suspect you will just be
>> referred to it. Requesting the cache will point you to the page, if its
>> cache is inexistent (just checked this to confirm).
>
> When I tried it I found that the url where cached (older date)
> thank you

Thanks for that little nugget of information. It might help me better
understand what the jack is going on in the datacentres. I saw the number of
indexed pages increase steadily, which is not what I had hoped for. I was
wishfully thinking that the old status quo would be reached overnight.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  4:50am  up 43 days 10:23,  10 users,  load average: 1.17, 1.21, 1.07