Re: How to start Frozen-Bubble game on Ubuntu

  • Subject: Re: How to start Frozen-Bubble game on Ubuntu
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 10 Jun 2006 08:33:29 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Kier wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 17:06:07 -0700, Larry Qualig wrote:
>
> > (It's as "news worthy" as the other garbage being posted as "News")
> >
> > <quote>
> > Frozen-Bubble
> > In Frozen-Bubble you attempt to shoot bubbles into groups of the same
> > color to cause them to pop.
> >
> > Install the frozen-bubble package from the Universe repository (see
> > Chapter 2, Adding, Removing and Updating Applications).
> >
> > To start Frozen-Bubble, choose Applications->Games->Frozen-Bubble.
> > </quote>
> >

> > http://help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/desktopguide/C/games.html
>
> Y'know, I thought you were a decent bloke, Larry, but this is just petty
> stupidity from you.

I normally read 90% or so of the "News" stories that Roy posts. But
when he suddenly starts posting links to blog entries from some
annonymous poster named "Grouch" and passing them off as "News" or
links to a HOWTO and calling that news then it's serves no useful
purpose. It becomes "quantity" over "quality." There are millions of
Linux HOWOTO's and BLOG entries on the web. Are we going to see "News"
postings with links to each and every one of these?

BTW... I think Frozen-Bubble is pretty cool too. Simple but addictive.