Re: [News] Knoppix Saves Users from Drive failures

__/ [ rapskat ] on Monday 19 June 2006 14:41 \__

> On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:13:42 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Drive failure? Yagotta try Knoppix first
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A ZDNet reader that goes by the name of Yagotta B. Kidding wasn't
>> | kidding when he mentioned that Knoppix (a distro of Linux) was his
>> | preferred way
>> | for  dealing with such nightmares.  Knoppix? At first, it sounded a
>> | little
>> | too  "ixish" to me.
>> `----
>>
>>                                         http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=3214
>

> Any IT person without at least one Linux LiveCD in their software library
> by this time is completely out of touch.

They should call it Life CD (sic). To many, this is like a life vest, or a
Swiss army knife, so to speak. Just imagine all the IT professional that
attempt data recovery by booting into DOS and using floppies to back up
various important (even crucial) Word files. Photo gallery and albums?
Forget about them, ma'am. Windows won't boot. We need to wipe and re-install
(third-party software and drivers not includes).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Did anyone see my lost carrier?"
  3:10pm  up 52 days 20:24,  13 users,  load average: 1.98, 1.92, 1.78