[News] Interesting Perspective on Software Licences

The software protection racket

,----[ Quote ]
| The BSA says on its Web site you should keep all original disks,
| documentation, and licenses of any kind for all your software. But do
| they accept that? Not according to Rob Scott, attorney with Scott &
| Scott LLP.
|
| [...]
|
| Buying legal software from a company in bankruptcy? Scott had a client
| who did that later get audited, and "the BSA disallowed this." Records
| from bankrupt companies tend not to be too great, and that will cost you
| in an audit.
|
| [...]
|
| That's just stupid, illogical and bad for small businesses everywhere.
| Yet that's the standard operating procedure for the BSA.
|
| Next time, I'll outline the obfuscations and downright deceptive
| statements by the BSA (now officially known here as the Bully Software
| Alliance).
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/newsletters/sbt/2006/0612networker3.html?page=1

Thus, it is not surprising that...

CIO Jury: Software licensing 'too complex' (posted here 2 days ago)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://software.silicon.com/applications/0,39024653,39159641,00.htm