Re: Dilbert Meets Proprietary Software Vendor

__/ [ Black Dragon ] on Saturday 17 June 2006 15:53 \__

> Linonut wrote:
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Black Dragon belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> [expunged idiotic billboard]
>
>>> That has got to be the dumbest thing I've seen on the Usenet in the last
>>> two minutes. (I am reading COLA after all...) It is painful to read, and
>>> fucking retarded as well. When you get a chance, would you care to grow
>>> up before posting again, kiddo?

BD, there are gentler ways of making a point.

>>> TIA.
>
>> Once was enough.
>
>> I'm curious what app does it.  Or is it yet another Emacs mode?

It's called 'borders'. I pipe output from 'paradj', which is a Perl script
based on TeX, which handles justification and hyphenation. It then renders
borders automatically andreaches the news reader (I use keyboard
accelerators to initiate this).

> I'm curious as to why he posts all the [News] posts. If I wanted to read
> snippets of articles from RSS feeds I'd fire up my RSS aggregator. As
> would most other sensible people I suspect. Roy posts very little original
> content of his own yet he's consistently been at the top of the weekly
> stats for a while now. Derp! The cynic in me thinks I may be on to
> something...

BD, have you seen what a mess, content-wise and relevance-wise this newsgroup
used to be. The conversation is at least somewhat on topic now...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  6:20pm  up 50 days 23:34,  12 users,  load average: 0.52, 0.87, 0.90