Re: [News} Novell Feedback and the BSA

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Saturday 17 June 2006 03:49 \__

> http://www.networkworld.com/weblogs/smb/2006/012791.html
>
> "What if Novell immediately offered you desktop and server operating
> systems with a huge Anti-BSA discount? Their SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
> 10 has won raves from those who've seen the upcoming version. The software
> will include dozens of business applications, including an office suite
> equal to the market leader. Novell's SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 will
> host applications just like other server operating systems."

 __^__                                          __^__
( ___ )----------------------------------------( ___ )
 | / | In  my opinion, it will only takes  time | \ |
 | / | for word-of-mouth for SUSE to be adopted | \ |
 | / | in  the enterprise, worldwide. There are | \ |
 | / | chicken-and-egg  situations: one of  the | \ |
 | / | lack  of familiarity with Linux and  the | \ |
 | / | other  is  lack of case  studies,  which | \ |
 | / | demonstrate that a migration effort paid | \ |

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - pardon my modified script (Perl-based text translation). We'll see if it
becomes a nuisance.