Re: Part 2 - Wondering why your site is not indexed in Google?

__/ [ John Bokma ] on Saturday 17 June 2006 02:47 \__

>> I would love to find out if the number of indexed pages aligns with
>> the estimated numbers above. From experience, it should.
>
> But it doesn't:
>
> Results 1 - 10 of about 9,880 from johnbokma.com
>
> I don't have 9,880 pages in Google. My site has about 1,000 pages,
> probably less.

At some stage, and for quite a while as a matter of fact, Google's "site:"
indicated that my site had over 10,000 pages, rather than the real number
which is 10,000-20,000.

>> The above confirms that something has gone gone totally wrong and the
>> disappearance of the thread suggests that someone out there has a good
>> reason to hide the evidence.
>
> As has been reported for quite some time: the site: operator doesn't work
> anymore as expected.

True. *smile* But this does not change the fact that pages are dropping out
of the index. One of the earliest stories (the one from The Register) starts
to appear more realistic. Perhaps Google is choking on SPAM, such as these
4.something billion pages.

> It's really funny to make up stories based on that,
> but it's not going to help. Thought you had an academic background?

Hey, play easy with me, man. *smile* I am also regressing, as far as AISE is
concerned, due to academia.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Othello: http://othellomaster.com
Tasks: 182 total,   1 running, 173 sleeping,   0 stopped,   8 zombie