Re: Linux = a one legged man

__/ [ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 15 June 2006 11:48 \__

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>> At the end of the day, everyone is happy. The Linux user is happy to have
>> gotten a lot work done. The Windows user, as well, is satisfied, having
>> successfully cleaned up the Registry and fully defrag'ed the hard-drives.
>
> But the linux user's existence is marred by all the spam he receives from
> the trojans running on the window's user's box.

That's not avoidable, unless you live in a box. I have come to appreciate
that I will continue to suffer from these things as long as Windows prevails
as a majority on the desktop. The least I can do is help the transformation.

I never hesitate to show my anger when a Windows user whines that his/her
computer has gone slow. This often means others are suffering, yet only
speed is the worry in the mind of the one infected. It's like driving your
car through a crowd and ranting about the poor visibility on the road.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Stand for nothing and you will fall for anything"
 11:00am  up 49 days 16:14,  11 users,  load average: 2.62, 2.85, 2.90