Re: You have to "break" sites now, to get known... article

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 06:56:19 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [ Paul ] on Thursday 15 June 2006 05:38 \__
>
>> On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 04:19:43 GMT, Big Bill <kruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Viral marketing stuff for small businesses
>>>
>>>http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2006-06-13-web-marketing_x.htm?POE=TECISVA

[...]

>> No freaking way will I ever have a blog or myspace account. I'll stick
>> with what i'm doing now.
>
>It begins with blogs for SEO, continues with ping spamming, comment spamming
>and gawd knows what else... someone whom I know from this group has fallen
>victim to this type of greed.

>Hey, Paul, your contribution is far beyond sufficient. Where do you think all
>the MySpace 'graphics' come from...? *wink*

Why do you think I hate myspace and everything it stands for.
And as for blogs. Well, theres about 0.01% of them out there that are
any good. The rest are just crap. But if so many are coming out per
day, then in a week or so there will be about 0.00000000000000000001%
of them that are any good.

Death to Blogs.
Die Myspace.

plh
Paul

>Best wishes,
>
>Roy
>
>PS - out of the bloom, I came to discover that I get the most referrals for
>the phrase 'free porno'. This came from nowhere (0) to (160+) within just a
>few days. I have no idea where that comes from or where visitors land, but I
>suspect it has got something to do with a sign saying "Free porno", with a
>suitable caption and alt attribute. I used this to refer to a problem with
>Fedora Linux.

nah. you are just trying new markets to see what you can earn ;)

>Best wishes,
>
>Roy

plh
Paul