Re: From google : A Note to Google Users on Net Neutrality:

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 07:12:40 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [ Wÿrm ] on Thursday 15 June 2006 07:23 \__
>
>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> <snip>
>>> In short: Google wants cheaper bandwidth (I only read the first
>> paragraph).
>>> It reaches out for the public because 'it cares'. Frankly, I think that
>>> Brin, who actually travelled to the Senate, truly cares. He still
>> possesses
>>> some human emotions, unlike 'yacht folks'.
>>
>> In short, you want everyone pay bandwidth thrice?
>>
>> User that pays to his/her ISP for bandwidth in/out.
>> Google that pays to their provider (or are you suggesting they get it
>> free?) for in/out.
>>
>> + then some extra?
>
>I am just saying that Google folks are very much concerned for themselves,
>_as well as_ the public. But the public is not their main concern. I believe
>they are opportunists here. They might treat this as an open door to
>publicity stunts.
>
>But, hey, I loathe the shift away from Net neutrality as much as the next
>guy. I just ain't American, so my voice won't count. It's a shame that Rice
>/et al/ prevented the EU from taking/gaining partial control of the Web
>infrastructure early this year (or, more probably, late last year). These
>Verizon 'yacht people' are ruining it for the rest of the world.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Roy

It's what you have to do in a social system that's consumer-based. You
have to monetise everything and do so in such a manner that the
country of which you are a representative benefits the most. If you're
a senator, that's your job.

BB
--

http://www.kruse.co.uk/seo-sitemap.htm