Re: Dalles, Oregon - pix of the plex... - article

__/ [ Big Bill ] on Thursday 15 June 2006 04:45 \__

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/14/technology/14search.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5088&en=c96a72bbc5f90a47&ex=1307937600&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

> BB

Quick 'search page as you type' brings up:

,----[ Quote ]
| Behind the curtain of secrecy, the two buildings here -- and a third
| that Google has a permit to build --- will probably house tens of
| thousands of inexpensive processors and disks, held together with Velcro
|                                                                   ^^^^^^
| tape in a Google practice that makes for easy swapping of components.
| The cooling plants are essential because of the searing heat produced
| by so much computing power.
`----

Okay, this is too strange for me... I need some more coffee...