Re: [News] MSFT Alert - Jump Ship

__/ [ Ignoramus7096 ] on Thursday 15 June 2006 06:07 \__

> On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 03:57:43 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> No, but I post a lot to "that other group", which is why every once in a
>> while, the messages might land at the wrong place. MSFT down over 20$
>> recently, primarily due to Google and GNU/Linux/OSS... *glee*

Corrigenda: Should be 20% (a /crucial/ typo of adjacent keystrokes).

> My feelings exactly.
>
> This "software giant" is unable to release another release of its OS
> for five years. ROTFLMAO. With thousands of well paid "professionals"
> on its payroll. Contrast this to Linux, where new "releases" are
> released either continuously, or every half a year or so, depending on
> how you count, all mostly by part time volunteers.

I am glad to find consent. I could elaborate on the causes of this demise,
but the newsgroup does not encourage this off-topic discussion. It'll be
interesting to see if Google takes the 'OSS torch', as opposed to Canonical,
Red Hat, Novell, Oracle, or others.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Othello: http://othellomaster.com
Tasks: 151 total,   1 running, 144 sleeping,   0 stopped,   6 zombie