Re: How long does it take googlebot to start downloading a new site

  • Subject: Re: How long does it take googlebot to start downloading a new site
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:47:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Ignoramus7096 ] on Wednesday 14 June 2006 23:41 \__

> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 22:21:32 GMT, Big Bill <kruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:30:52 GMT, Ignoramus7096
>><ignoramus7096@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>Created a new site the other day. Already submitted sitemaps, etc. Any
>>>idea how long does it take googlebot to start downloading pages?
>>
>> Crawling or indexing? Got inbounds of quality?
>
> Crawling and indexing.
>
> I have one quality inbound, that's all (not about to expend a major
> effort on finding inbound links).

You didn't say how many pages the site contains (and also how valuable the
link is/was). When I created a site and added prominent IBL's, it took just
a couple of weeks for all 100 pages (or thereabouts) to get fully indexed,
as far as I can recall.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - Igor, Google Earth is available for Linux. In reference to an old
thread, you can finally make the transition. *smile*

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Software sucks. Open Source sucks less."
Tasks: 144 total,   2 running, 136 sleeping,   0 stopped,   6 zombie