Re: [News] MySQL Sets World Record

http://www.builderau.com.au/architect/database/soa/Road_test_Four_databases_tested/0,39024547,39224962,00.htm

> MySQL beats IBM, Microsoft, and Oracle. And mind you, Larry Ellison tried
> buying MySQL and got rejected. He still favours Linux and Open Source...
> even released BerkeleyDB, which is Open Source, just a fortnight ago...
>
> Price is not /necessarily/ indicative of quality. Price, however, is often
> a reflectant on the amount of money spent on advertisement (public deceit,
> brainash; just call it what you will)...

The article is a joke, it states no methodology for testing or ariving at
its opinions. It is typical of *all* pro MySQL reviews.

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/oracle/115560/1
http://www.webtechniques.com/archives/2001/09/jepson/