Re: Looking for Several Unix/Linux SysAdmins - NYC

  • Subject: Re: Looking for Several Unix/Linux SysAdmins - NYC
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:04:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Jim ] on Wednesday 14 June 2006 15:50 \__

> no@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>> I am recruiting for several Unix/Linux SysAdmins of all levels in New
>> York City.
>>
>> Should have experience working for software/technology company. My
>> clients are in the online/media space. Experience working for only
>> financial or telcom companies not ideal.
>>
>> No relocation, must be US citizen or have Green Card.
>>
>> Please e-mail current MS Word resume to no@xxxxxxxx along with salary
>> requirements.
>>
>> Visit http://jobs-sap.icims.com/sap_jobs/jobs/candidate/jobs.jsp for
>> open positions.
>>

> Sure you wouldn't prefer it in standards-compliant OpenDocument XML?
> Seems a lot less trollish than proprietery and typeset-broken
> *MS-Word_Document*?
>
> Weird.

Look at the message header in the OP. It raises a brow, or two. There are
some recruiters in the UK who have that laughable MS Word requirement. Most
accept RTF, PDF and plain-text though. Not sure about (X)HTML, which of
course is a widely-supported standard...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  4:00pm  up 47 days 21:33,  10 users,  load average: 1.53, 1.58, 1.29