Re: [News] .NET 'Out of the Box' in Linux Servers

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Tuesday 13 June 2006 08:02 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> BitRock Releases MonoStack
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Includes Apache, mod_mono and XSP ; Allows Users to Quickly Deploy
>> | ASP.NET on Linux
>> |
>> | BitRock has announced the release of BitRock MonoStack. The easy to
>> | install distribution contains Apache, mod_mono and XSP, and hooks up to
>> | existing Mono installations to allow new users to quickly be up and
>> | running with a complete .NET environment on Linux.
>> `----
>>
>>                         http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/233843.htm
>

> In the same way that Xerox Parc begat the PC before tanking, so too,
> Microsoft may have given up .NET to the world before fizzling.

The migration from Windows servers and software to a cheaper, more stable and
resilient infrastructure is just around the corner. See my later post on
this. There is yet another Linux-based .NET server, which has just been
released.

There's also *this* one which I saw this afternoon:

http://www.webhostdir.com/news/articles/shownews.asp?id=16091

        ( Hosting Innovation Allows Running Windows & Linux Services from the Same
          Website )

Related, but not quite analogous.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows: backward-compatible, even for viruses
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  5:50pm  up 46 days 23:23,  10 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.41, 0.49