Re: [News] Oracle Becomes a Big Linux Vendor

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Monday 12 June 2006 16:44 \__

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-open-enterprise-oracle-biggest-linux-vendor-youve-never-/2006/06/12/1677418.htm

> Nice one and about time too. That is real meat on the bones of Linux,
> mysql/Postgres are great, but Oracle is a a really powerfull engine, it
> kicks ass.

I wonder if you have read the article about their new tools, which eases
Linux setup for their clients. I came across another such article this
morning, (even 2 as I recheck).

http://www.line56.com/articles/default.asp?ArticleID=7680

                Oracle Eases Linux Path

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060612/sfm046.html?.v=52

                Oracle(R) Validated Configurations Offer Faster Linux Deployment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20060612/tc_zd/180672

                Oracle Wants to Hold Your Linux-Leery Hand

I think it's altogether fantastic!

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
  7:05am  up 46 days 12:38,  11 users,  load average: 1.28, 0.79, 1.04