Re: Maybe BigDaddy is Here to Stay...

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> He said that the DROPPING of pages is caused by the IMPROVED crawling
> and indexing functions in the new Big Daddy infrastructure

Wow, that's quite an IMPROVEMENT! Looks like a fine example of usual
corporate word bending aimed at fooling the shareholders into believeing
nothing bad is going on.

Also, seen somewhere on the Net someone's saying that nothing bad is
actually happening becasue it's a zero sum game - you lost traffic -
someone else has it now! From G's or users' perspective nothing has really
changed. It has also been suggested that the webmasters that lost pages
are bound to be more vocal thus creating a "feeling" that there is a
problem even those there isn't. This was not Matt talking but I can easily
hear him saying that... Basically, it boils down to: we are all bunch of
wyning loosers here. I'm 98% looser, what are you?

--
Cheers,
Dmitri

|   Follow alt.internet.search-engines threads   |
| with your Firefox Live Bookmarks! Set it up at |
|        http://www.1-script.com/forums/         |