Re: Nokia (Re: Map Depicting Threats to Microsoft)

__/ [ asj ] on Sunday 11 June 2006 05:12 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> The Software Wars map
>>
>> http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS6586515742.html
>>
>>         You have got to see this map...!
>
> It's missing Nokia, which is beating the bejesus out of Microsoft in
> the mobile OS space with Symbian/Java (although the newer Windows
> Mobile now have this pre-installed).
>
> Palm might also be there, though it recently put out a Windows-powered
> Treo.

To quote an older message that I posted:

Palm launches Palm OS Treo 700 in US

,----[ Quote ]
| Palm has announced the eagerly awaited Palm OS version of the Treo 700
| it launched earlier this year with Windows Mobile on board. The US version
| of the 700p builds on the existing Treo 650 by adding support for the
| US3G system, EVDO.
`----

Access Linux is still in development, but it will meet the public eye fairly
soon. It will replace Palm OS, yet remain backward compatible.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8514/access-linux-platform-shown-at-linuxworld/