Re: [News] Fox News: Bono to Help FLOSS?

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 30 June 2006 11:06 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Open-Source-Software Activists Want Bono to Join Cause
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| But could the lead singer of U2 also become a front man for a
>>| grass-roots campaign seeking to change how the music industry
>>| does business? The Free Software Foundation hopes so.
>> `----
>>
>>         http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,201654,00.html
>
> Bob Geldoff might be an interesting possibility too...

I had to look that one up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Geldoff

I imagine that Stallman would be fond of the man, maybe even reciprocally so.
A few months ago, I think that a bunch of singers (artists) were banding
together to protest against DRM, which was forced upon them by the
studios/record company. Imagine singers whose music would no longer endure
the test of time because there will be no devices to play the music
(conveniently, at ease). The same issue stands when it comes to documents
and data which are bound to a package and cannot be exported to be shared
with the Web, for instance.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    England - 1  Ecuador - 0
 11:25am  up 63 days 16:28,  13 users,  load average: 2.49, 2.03, 1.48