Re: [News] A K3b GNOME Alternative is Born

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 30 June 2006 00:28 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Bonfire: the future K3b killer?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Maybe not yet, but it's a good start. Bonfire 0.3.90 is "just another
>> | CD/DVD burn application for the GNOME desktop."
>> |
>> | To me however, it doesn't look like "just another one", since it was
>> | designed with the ease of use in mind, thus making it able to dethrone
>> | K3b in the future! (Yes, I know people that use K3b even in GNOME --
>> | what a shame, when they have GnomeBaker, Graveman, and of course,
>> | Nautilus Burner.)
>> `----
>>
>>                         http://beranger.org/index.php?article=1221
>
> Even though I don't much care for KDE as a Desktop, some of the the apps
> *rock*, and K3B is the King of KDE apps IMHO.

It has received some generous donations recently. There was an appeal made by
its lead (or sole) developer. I wonder if any derivative works exists as
well.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    England - 1  Ecuador - 0
 11:05am  up 63 days 16:08,  13 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.73, 1.00