Re: Thank you for reading this mornings Ubuntu Issues.

  • Subject: Re: Thank you for reading this mornings Ubuntu Issues.
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 29 Jun 2006 08:57:00 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ tab ] on Thursday 29 June 2006 15:41 \__
>
> > In summary, Ubuntu is ready, after you fix it.
>
> Your posts are off topic. Please take them to a relevant advocacy newsgroup.
>
> ,----[ Snippet ]
> | 2.1 On Topic Subjects
> |
> |    ...COLA is not a place to vent real or imagined complaints regarding
> |    Linux. There are other newsgroups created for that purpose.
> `----
>
>         Source: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

So how would you rate yourself when it comes to following these rules?

Source: http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Advocacy.html

<quote>
6. Canons of Conduct

# Avoid hyperbole and unsubstantiated claims at all costs. It's
unprofessional and will result in unproductive discussions.

# Focus on what Linux has to offer. There is no need to bash the
competition. Linux is a good, solid product that stands on its own.

# Respect the use of other operating systems. While Linux is a
wonderful platform, it does not meet everyone's needs.

# Refer to another product by its proper name. There's nothing to be
gained by attempting to ridicule a company or its products by using
``creative spelling''. If we expect respect for Linux, we must respect
other products.

</quote>