Re: Fuck you Mark Kent

  • Subject: Re: Fuck you Mark Kent
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:54:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 29 June 2006 08:06 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Peter Köhlmann <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Larry Qualig wrote:
>>
>>> Mark Kunt - You are nothing but an ignorant hypocrite. Figures that a
>>> hypocrite like you would whine and cry about Kelsey calling you names
>>> but you have no problems calling others names. Physician... heal
>>> thyself.
>
> Ahh, Larry - you just don't understand, do you?  Kelsey can call me what
> he likes, but that's not debating, it's just childish name-calling.
>

>>> BTW retard - learn to use Google. Sony will be deliberately selling PS3
>>> at a LOSS to the tune of about $820 million dollars in the first year.
>>
>> Poor Msg-ID Larry
>> How can we help?
>
> It's difficult with someone like that, isn't it?
>
> Sony's plan is to make a /profit/ on PS3 sales over its lifetime of
> selling - this is completely different to the xbox which is deliberately
> sold at a loss for every unit made.

I might as well add a personal opinion: stating PS3 units are sold at a loss
can improve sales. It's a marketing trick that lures customers (the bargain
pitch).

I can recall the days when a CD-RW drive cost around GBP 300. It's a matter
of demand and mass production. Same with computer chips. R&D costs simply
decline or supersedes by the sheer numbers in repetition. It's like putting
a $2000 price label on the P3, but selling it for a merely 500.

Some clothing shops (to name just one example) capitalise on the
psychological impact of the strategy. People's perception of the cost of
what they wear is important (think labels/designers).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Bring home the world cup, England!
  8:45am  up 62 days 13:48,  14 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.20, 0.33