Re: it's all gone quiet over there!!!

__/ [ kevin bailey ] on Wednesday 28 June 2006 21:34 \__

> was going to post on the comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy NG but it looks fairly
> lifeless.
>
> thought i'd wind them up about how crap windows is to see if one of the
> paid MS astrofurfers would find an answer i need but not sure it would be
> worth it.
>
> let's see if any MS guys are here instead....
>

> windows is crap! - a normal user can't run defrag - and as we don't allow
> users to run as admins they can't defrag their own machines the PC's will
> slow up and fail soon.

The trouble does *not* end at defrag.txt/scandisk.exe. There are plenty more
maintenance chores beyond this, some of which require third-party
applications. There are on-line HOWTO's and lists of programs which 'fix'
Windows. However, most rookie users will never bother to read and learn
these. They will just have someone from a younger generation come over
periodically and 'optimise' Windows, or mend it.