Re: KDE Panel: automatic hide/unhide stopped working.

  • Subject: Re: KDE Panel: automatic hide/unhide stopped working.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:24:02 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
__/ [ Igor Lautar ] on Wednesday 28 June 2006 10:12 \__

> Hi,
>
> Graham P Davis wrote:
>
>> Graham P Davis wrote:
> <cut>
>> OK, soon as I post a problem I fix it or it cures itself. What's that
>> about? Murphy's Law? I tried "allow other windows to cover the panel",
>> found that worked, reset to "hide automatically", and that now works.
>
> I've noticed the same thing. It seams to be a bug. It stops working after
> some time (haven't found out actual cause), but after you disable/enable it
> again in settings, everything is ok.

Someone else in this newsgroup had the same (or a similar) problem last
month. I believe that it was not possible to change these setting, either
because the needed pane was empty in Control Center or because the panels
did not show up. Making changes to the text file under ~/.kde resolved the
issue indirectly.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    England - 1  Ecuador - 0
  3:20pm  up 61 days 20:23,  12 users,  load average: 0.90, 0.81, 0.87