Re: Third International Anti-Wintel Day

In message <yQVng.29036$VE1.5310@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Naulls wrote:
> Trent wrote:
> > On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 07:49:12 +0100 Roy Schestowitz
> > <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in Message id:
> > <5666122.KT7SriCAAi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> >> Investigates Report Of Laptop Explosion
> >>
> >> ,----[ Snippet ]
> >> `----
> >>
> >> http://www.personaltechpipeline.com/news/189601172
> >>
> >> At least we know that Dell is beginning to stock AMD. It's about time
> >> and well overdue, too.
> >
> > Why is that, Roy?
>
> Because Intel is evil and must be avoided.  Never mind that the
> majority of RISC OS machines in use have Intel processors in
> them (StrongARM 110 and XScale IOP321 (1)), a subtlety that's no
> doubt been missed by the OP, a well-known troll and trouble
> maker.

As Intel are against the ARM architecture they have failed to deliver
XScale II as planned in their original roadmap to stall the ARM
architecture, and are now selling the XScale division on to waste more
time. According to Intel the XScale division is loss making. I do not
own an Iyonix in part because it uses an Intel CPU and do not use an
Intel StrongARM in this RiscPC. ON the positive side Iyonixs may have
non-Intel XScales in them in the future.

> 1. Other processors in machines are made by ARM themselves,
> Digital, Samsung and perhaps others I've forgotten.

VLSI Technology, GEC-Plessey Semiconductor (GPS).
--
The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) should start an investigation
into Microsoft's monopoly, http://www.petitiononline.com/oftsucks/